Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: Long wait!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's always one.


    -------------------------

    You wait 'til Chance gets back.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nigel, I will gladly pay you 5 or 10 bucks to go down there on opening day and cut infront of him at the last second.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll add $10 to that cause!

    Maybe Nigel could pay someone else to do it and film it as it happens? Imagine the coverage that would get!

    Perhaps we should start a conspiracy theory on his web-site that people plan to cut-in on opening night?

    I remember when I did a similar thing- the 1st time Newcastle United had a midnight opening for there new home shirt- the first 300 people got a free football or rucksack. I was about 13, I had to go. So my dad takes me, and we mistake the front of the queue for the back- the guy who had been queuing for 3 days wasn't best pleased. He screamed like a ten year old girl.

    The season after the same guy queued for 3 days. That year a 'friend' had sold me the new strip a week before it was officially released (for a fraction of the price I might add!) I happened to walk past that queue with my new shirt on the day before the shop released them. For the 2nd year in a row I upset that poor man...


    Hahahahaha [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's a great idea Kev. Maybe Nigel could 'distract' him by pretending to do an interview just before opening and have one of his mates leg it inside in the background. Ambush TV at its very best.

    As an update: I checked out this nutjob's site again today. Has anyone seen the open letter from Michael Ellick, M.Div.? (I think that's Masters in Divinity?) He's actually comparing waiting for a movie to a spiritual quest for enlightenment. I love his comment:

    Jeff is someone who, as odd as it may seem to conventional society, feels deeply motivated by the idea of "waiting" for things of value, and in a consumer driven, materialistic culture he sees as spiritually drained, this is where he's putting his time and energy down as a worthy investment.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, going to see a movie is a mighty anti-capitalist blow. Take that, you corporate whores!!
    Man, I am so 'spiritually drained' because I went to work every day and saw a movie in my spare time. Oooh, I'm killing the planet. Blasted hippies.

    When will people get off this "Star Wars has a deeper meaning" kick? THEY'RE JUST MOVIES FOR KIDS. GET OVER IT. YOU'RE A FRIGGIN' GROWN-UP NOW.

    'Fans' (from 'FANATIC' by the way) like that do a disservice to serious filmmakers everywhere.

    ------------------------

    Bring it on Dom Jolly.


    EDITED SIG. I've said it before and i'll say it again: Star Wars is just a bunch of movies. Move on.

    <font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 18, 2005 08:00 AM: Message edited by: jb. ]</font></font>

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 18, 2005 08:00 AM: Message edited by: jb. ]</font>

  4. #14
    Inactive Member sn-films's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2001
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did anyone else notice this... click on the link to view his complete profile. Scroll down to see his list of favorite movies.

    Is it just me, or does it seem very odd that he's willing to wait 5 months to see the new Star Wars movie, but none of the other Star Wars movies even made Mr. Boom Boom's top 3 favorites?

    Maybe he's not the ultimate fanboy afterall, but he's doing this as a publicity stunt to help sell his artwork? I dunno... just something to think about.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I also love the fact that Mr. "Characterized as anti-consumerism" is selling T-Shirts to commemerate the event.


    ------------------------

    What a hack.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Kev Owens's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    701
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've just e-mailed him trying to stir up the rumour of a 'queue cutting coup'...

    hehehe

    Hold on, does that make me as sad as him? [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member jb_617's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2004
    Posts
    769
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Kev O.:
    Hold on, does that make me as sad as him? [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No. You're doing it with a sense of irony.


    -------------------------

    I hope.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member sn-films's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2001
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here?s another thought? has this guy ever heard of Fandango ("http://www.fandango.com/cs_howitwork...rce=howitworks")? The gist of the service is that you can buy movie tickets in advance over the internet and pick them up at the theater rather than WAITING IN LINE FOR 5 MONTHS! It?s sort of like phoning ahead for reservations at a restaurant rather than showing up on Monday and waiting to make sure that you have a table for dinner on Friday.

    Just imagine if, in some cruel twist of fate, the first show is old out via on-line purchases before the ticket counter opens for the first day of ticket sales. After having "invested" 5-months of his life, something that Mr. Tweiten's parents are no doubt extremely proud of, Jeff would have no other choice then to sit there on the sidewalk and watch the first audience sidestep around him to go in and see the first showing of HIS movie. That would be extremely unfortunate, but an invaluable life-lesson for the psycho fanboy.

    Then again, maybe I?m just bitter because I?m at work right now.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This guy is right around the corner from my house!!!! I didn't read this thread until today after my girlfriend told me about a guy waiting at the Cinerama....Then I remembered this thread. Sure as shit this guy is 100 meters away.

    Good Luck

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Take a look at this link...

    http://www.milkandcookies.com/stuff/triumphvsw.asx

    Good Luck

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •